- log into user’s workstation with your admin account
- Delete user’s local profile on C: drive under users folder
- Click on Start and run and type “Regedit”
- This will open Registry Editor Window
- Click on + sign besides HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE
- Click on + sign besides SOFTWARE
- Click on + sign besides MICROSOFT
- Click on + sign besides WINDOWS NT
- Click on + sign besides CURRENT VERSION
- Click on + sign besides PROFILELIST and delete the SID number points to user name in Right side Pane
- Close Registry Editor window.
- Now RDP into the Server hosting that user’s profile.
- Go to Profiles folder and locate the user’s windows vista profile
- Rename this profile folder
- Ask the user to login and then logoff
- Now copy the user’s favorites and Desktop icons from the renamed profile folder to the new profile folder
- Ask user to login again and this will create a new profile for the user successfully.
12 December 2010
Follow the following steps in order to recreate a user’s Vista profile when it gets corrupted.