The best way to migrate data from Access to PostgreSQL database, I found is through PostgreSQL ODBC driver. To check how to install and setup PostgreSQL ODBC driver go to Install & Setup PostgreSQL ODBC Driver . Once finished with installation and setup of PostgreSQL ODBC driver, you are ready to migrate the data.
How to migrate data from Access to PostgreSQL using PostgreSQL ODBC?
- Open the access database, select the table, then click on file, Save As/Export, a “Save As” popup will appear, select “To an external file or database” radio button and click ok.
- Then in the new popup for “Save as type” select “ODBC database”.
- An Export window will appear, change the table name if required, or just click ok.
- “Select Data Source” window will appear, select your PostgreSQL DSN, that you have created as mentioned above. And click ok.
- Selected table will get exported to your postgres database.